Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

On March 30, 2010 my Mommy and Daddy took me to Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden for the first time. It was such a beautiful day outside! We met up with Tia Nicole and Uncle Luke, Nicole's sisters and Luke's mom.
They had so many cool plants! One of my favorites was the Rainbow Eucalyptus. It was so colorful!!

Fairchild has partnered with Yayoi Kusama, an artist, to display artwork throughout the park. I loved the piece(s) part of "Guidepost to the New Space", 2009. They looked like floating ladybugs. They were so entertaining!

Tia Nicole and I looking surprised...


I was so happy to be outdoors enjoying the sunshine in such a beautiful place!

We even saw white ibis...the mascot of the Miami Hurricanes.

Enjoying the tram tour...



Yayoi Kusama's "Flowers that Bloom at Midnight" 2009


Uncle Luke was teaching me how to swing on the vines!
It was so sunny I got to wear my Mommy's shades...



After Fairchild, we went to lunch at Dan Marino's in Sunset Place and went home for a nap. What a fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment